Farmers Market begins on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. From 3pm to 7pm enjoy shopping the market at the Fountain on East Passyunk Ave.
Come celebrate the return of the Singing Fountain and the weekly Fountain Farmers' Market on Wed May 23rd. Each Wednesday, from 3:00pm to 7:00pm the area around 11th and Tasker will be transformed into an outdoor pop-up market with local produce, cheese, bread and other vendors organized by Farm To City. This outdoor marketplace will kick-off for the season with specials at neighboring businesses, plus live music. This will also be the first "official day" of the Singing Fountain for the season. The water is on and the benches are calling your name - come out to our community's central meeting spot for a night of local farm-fresh shopping, mixing/mingling with your neighbors and local specials and deals. See you on the Ave!
OPENING DAY MUSIC:
* Dariel Peniazek
OPENING SEASON VENDORS:
Winding Lane Produce, Honeybrook, PA.
Seasonal fruits and vegetables from the Stoltzus family farm in Lancaster county.
Fruitwood Farms, Monroeville, NJ.
Jersey fresh produce, with a wide variety of fruit throughout the year: strawberries, blueberries, peaches, plums, cantaloupes, watermelon, sweet corn, apples and pears. Plus varieties of honey.
D’Emilio’s Old World Ice Treats, from South Philly.
All-natural ice treats, different flavors every week, many of the flavors inspired by the fresh produce at the market.
Lost Bread Company, from North Philly.
New baker for the season. Lost Bread specializes in sourcing high-quality, local grains that are milled in the North Philly bakery. Expect to find some exceptional varieties of sourdough breads, rolls, cookies, pretzels, foccaccia, even pastas.
Taste of Puebla, West Chester, PA.
Authentic Mexican cuisine from the Castaneda family. Famous for their tamales, served hot at the market or pre-packaged to take home for dinner.
Birchrun Hills & Valley Milkhouse
Two of Chester counties best cheese makers, this is a dynamic duo that will showcase the excitement and flavors happening now with local cheese.
OPENING DAY SPECIALS AROUND THE FOUNTAIN:
* Amelie's Bark Shop 1544 East Passyunk Ave -Stop by Amelie's Bark Shop for the premiere of their seasonal blueberry pupcakes! Amelie's Bark Shop
* Black & Brew 1523 East Passyunk Ave - Featuring $5 Black and Tans on draft in house or take away! Black & Brew
* Manatawny Still Works 1603 East Passyunk Ave - Farmers' Market Fresh Cocktail featuring an ingredient we find at the market. Manatawny Still Works
* Metro Mens Clothing 1600 East Passyunk Ave - Free cocktails 10% off the entire store and do a 50% off current spring 2018 Tank Tops, Swimwear & T-Shirts sales rack outside the store under our pop up tent. Metro Mens Clothing
* Redcrest Fried Chicken 1525 S 11th Street - Will offer a complimentary bottle of our new ice tea or lemonade with any purchase when you show your farmer’s market purchase at the counter. Redcrest Fried Chicken
* South Fellini1507 East Passyunk Ave - Love water ice, we do too. So much so we now have a Cherry Water ice cap. Open until 8pm South Fellini
Look for more specials to be added before the event!