Fall fun for the entire family, from costumes to crafts to shopping and more.
In celebration of the fall season and Halloween, East Passyunk Avenue BID welcomes visitors to spend Saturday, October 30 partaking in festivities including a free costume photo booth (for children, adults, and pets), grab-and-go pumpkins, live music, digital scavenger hunt, trick or treating at businesses, and more. Grown-ups can enjoy entertainment, 40+ craft and arts vendors, seasonal fall food items, spirited cocktails, and so on.
Additionally, small businesses along East Passyunk Avenue will open doors to trick or treaters in the spirit of the holiday. Most activities will be held at the Singing Fountain (EPA and Tasker) which will be revamped with new seasonal décor for the season, and in the PPA Lot (1628 East Passyunk), with select activities to be held at Mifflin Triangle (EPA and Mifflin) and a digital scavenger hunt along the Avenue.
AROUND THE SINGING FOUNTAIN:
- 11am: Free grab-and-go pumpkins by Urban Jungle (while supplies last)
- 11am – 1:30pm: Free costume "Mirror X" photo booth (dress to impress) from SMGT Events
- 11am – 1pm: The Bubble Queen entertains with giant bubble fun
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Snacktime brings the dancing in contemporary brass band style
IN THE PPA LOT:
- 11am – 4pm: Nice Things Handmade presents 50+ of the region's top artists, crafters and makers showcasing everything from home decor, art, fashion, jewelry and more
- DJ Linz and Mars spins tunes
AT MIFFLIN TRIANGLE AND MORE:
- 11am – 12:30pm: Mia Johnson performs classic tunes
- 2pm: Mark Brown plays saxophone featuring classic Halloween tunes
- 4pm: Jesse Po brings original singer/songwriter tunes at 12th and Morris St.
ALONG THE AVENUE:
- Digital Scavenger Hunt up and down East Passyunk Avenue for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate on behalf of the EPABID. https://forms.gle/rxAMKvfFBRzc2gKP8
- Sidewalk sales, trick or treating, and pop-up events at various local businesses including
- A Man's Image - Trick or Treat and sale rack for shoes and clothing including Big and Tall
- A Novel Idea - Trick or Treat and Outdoor Book Signing w/ Christina Rosso, Matthew Vesely, and Steven Williams
- A Star is Born - Trick or Treat and find cute kid's clothing
- Amelie's Bark Shop - Sidewalk sale table and shop our fall arrivals for fido. Halloween treats, bandanas, costumes and more!
- Arctic Scoop - Trick or Treat and special fall flavors
- August Moon - Trick or Treat and enjoy up to 20% off purchase when you choose a piece of candy from the cauldron and reveal your surprise discount
- Barcelona Wine Bar - Pet Costume Contest between 12pm-9pm - prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place will announced on www.facebook.com/bwbpassyunk
- Bing Bing Dim Sum - Trick or Treat
- Bianca Simone - Trick or Treat and sale rack with fashionable finds
- Boystown/Girlstown - Trick or Treat and refresh on school clothing
- Black and Brew - Trick or Treat and fall drinks and baked goods
- Bottle Shop - Trick or Treat, and Two Robbers sampling at 1pm plus other delicious beverages
- Cartesian Brewing - Trick or Treat and stop by 1326 E Passyunk Ave for unique beers, local cider, and canned cocktails. South Philly’s newest brewery has something for everyone
- Carolyn Zinni Bridal Salon - Trick or Treat and browse elegant items and accessories
- Creations By Coppola - Trick or Treat and fall floral arrangements/grab and go bouquets/home goods for sale
- Deja42 Art Gallery - Trick or Treat and outdoor table with art and decor on sale
- DKC Designs - Trick or Treat and browse kitchen design ideas
- Favors and Flavors - Trick or Treat and find other delicious sweets
- Frame Fatale - Trick or Treat and Dead Frame Sale final weekend
- Good Buy Supply - Pop up with BlocDelivery, Remark Glass and South Philly Food Co-op
- Ground Up Coffee - Trick or Treat and fall drinks and baked goods
- Halo Hair Salon - Trick or Treat and look for salon specials
- Headhunters Hair Design - Trick or Treat and fall salon specials
- Ill Exotics - Trick or Treat and come by for a haunted walk-through experience inside
- Jazmin Rae - Trick or Treat and services raffle: Enter to win 1 free month of our membership (40% off all services). Sale of eyeshadow palettes (perfect for Halloween makeup!) 20% off all eyeshadow.
- Lucidi Salon and Jewelry - Trick or Treat and fall salon and jewelry specials
- Meister's Barbershop - Trick or Treat and fashionable fall cuts
- Mesh Vintage - Outdoor racks with vintage finds
- Metro Mens Clothing - Trick or Treat and fall fashion finds
- Mia of Philadephia - Trick or Treat plus 10% sale for customers and 10% of all sales donated to breast cancer research
- Nice Things Handmade - Trick or Treat and handcrafted arts, fun Philly items, and more
- Palo Santo Yoga - Kinetic Magick - A yoga spell workshop from 1-3pm. Learn the 4 essential steps of spell casting. Perfect for beginners, no experience with spell casting or witchcraft necessary.
- Philly Typewriter - Come type scary stories on machines set up in front of the shop and take part in the analog movement on East Passyunk Ave
- Punk Burger - Trick or Treat
- Re/Max One Realty - Trick or Treat and come by for free water bottles, swag, and more
- River Twice - Trick or Treat
- Sally's Paw Spaw - 10% off every full groom or mini groom starting October 26th-30th and your pup is sure to go home with a spooky accessory
- Sermania Jewelry - Trick or Treat and find spooky jewelry specials including fall clearance
- South Fellini - Trick or Treat and outdoor sale racks and tables with the coolest new and old designs
- Sweat Fitness - Costume contest and workout for free in costume
- Teas n' Mi - Trick or Treat and find delicious bahn mi and bubble teas
- Tildie's Toy Box - Trick or Treat and look for Fall and Halloween special items
- Uprising ACM - Trick or Treat and open house event
- Urban Jungle - Trick or Treat and outdoor racks with plants and fall decor
- and more!
- Seasonal, fall-themed decorations and photo opportunities along East Passyunk Avenue
- Outdoor eats, drinks, and seasonal fare from fan-favorite Avenue restaurants and cafés including Cantina Los Caballitos, Ember and Ash, Essen Bakery, Flannel, Manatawny Still Works, River Twice, Stickman Brews, Stogie Joe's, Triangle Tavern, Vanilya Bakery, and others
As a public safety reminder, attendees are encouraged to mask up when in close proximity to others, as well as bring a mask or proof of vaccination when going indoors. Additionally, guests can check with individual businesses regarding their COVID safety requirements.
Fall Fest & Spooky Saturday is presented by East Passyunk Business Improvement District, with Nice Things Handmade, Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation, Samuels and Son Seafood, The Capri Dessecker Team at RE/MAX One Realty, Acme Markets, and Rite Aid.