Come celebrate the season in bloom safely together with events, specials, and so much more
Join us for “Garden Days”, a verdant series of events as part of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s (PHS) Bloom Philly! celebration ahead of the Philadelphia Flower Show at nearby FDR Park in South Philadelphia. Be sure to Mask Up and practice social distance precautions as you enjoy the Avenue.
Matching up with the theme of “Habitat: Nature’s Masterpiece”, we welcome you to enjoy horticultural happenings including the following growing list, with more details being updated soon.
** Large-scale selfie station - Enjoy and share the collaboration between Creations By Coppola and Urban Jungle at the Singing Fountain, along with plantings and decorations at various points along the Avenue by Ill Exotics, Urban Jungle and Creations By Coppola including the Gateway at Broad Street and the Boxer Statue at Mifflin Street. Look for locations decked out in floral and plant décor.
** Pop Up and Virtual Events - Look for scheduled events and pop-up surprises along the Avenue
- May 8th from 11am - 2pm - Meet Circle Compost outside of Good Buy Supply to learn about composting and take advantage of special offers.
- * Rescheduling due to weather* May 8th at 3pm - Stilt Walking Performer at the Singing Fountain
- May 8th from 11am-1pm - Plant/Seed Swap hosted by EPX Civic Association at St. Neumann Goretti HS parking lot (11th and Moore St.) Be sure stop by Urban Jungle or Ill Exotics for pots/planters/soil after attending the swap!
- May 9th - History of Italian Immigration Museum - Bring your mother to the museum and her admission is free!
- May 9th - Grand opening of the new Creations By Coppola with bouquets, unique gifts and more!
- May 9th at 2pm - Join Society Hill Dance Academy (1919 East Passyunk Avenue) on Mother’s Day for flower-themed performances and be ready to dance along starting at 2pm.
- May 15th at 11am - Virtual story time w/A Novel Idea
- May 15th at 1pm - Plantasia Listening Party at the Singing Fountain. South Fellini will play a vinyl recording of Mother Earth's Plantasia by Mort Garson. Bring your plants to experience the herbal vibrations to help them grow faster and stronger.
- May 15th at 3pm - Stilt Walking Performer at the Singing Fountain
- May 16th from 11am - 1pm - Pop Up Market at River Twice with Good Buy Supply, Miss Demeanor, and The Utopia Collective
- May 18th at 12pm - Join Cooks Who Care for a virtual panel discussion with chefs about foraged and sustainable ingredients and more. Hosted at Ember & Ash with guests including Randy Rucker of River Twice and more. Viewable online with details coming soon
- May 22nd at 10:30am - Special story time and book signing w/Greg Pizzoli and Tildie's Toy Box - Reading at Mifflin Triangle and signing at Tildie's.
- May 22nd from 11am - 2pm - Meet Circle Compost outside of Good Buy Supply to learn about composting and take advantage of special offers.
- May 23rd at 1pm - Education session with Philadelphia Bee Company at the Singing Fountain
- May 30th at 3pm - Bubble Queen giant bubble creations at the Singing Fountain
** Live Music
- *Rescheduling due to weather* May 8th from 2pm-4pm - Music with City Rhythm Orchestra at the Singing Fountain
- May 9th at 1pm - Carmine Yusko performs Sinatra and Rat Pack classics at the Singing Fountain
- May 9th at 4pm - Catch a live opera performance from ePOP at the Singing Fountain
- May 13th at 5pm - Drew Nugent and the Midnight Society at the Singing Fountain
- May 14th at 5pm - Matt Kelley's pandemic Friday night happy hour revue at the Singing Fountain
- May 14th at 6pm - Will Williams at Flannel
- May 15th at 3pm - Jello Vibes at the Singing Fountain
- May 21st at 6pm - Ever After Duo at Flannel
- May 22nd at 2pm - The Blue Pharaohs at the Singing Fountain
- May 22nd at 5pm - Justus Violin performance at the Singing Fountain
- May 23rd at 2pm - City Rhythm Orchestra at the Singing Fountain
- May 23rd at 4pm - Ted Estersohn/Mike Galan - Blues, jazz, and more at the Singing Fountain
- May 28th at 6pm - Will Currier Trio at Flannel
- May 29th at 5pm - Mark Brown and friends (saxophone and piano)
- May 30th at 6pm - The TC Cole Riot at the corner of East Passyunk and Federal St.
** Snack and sip on specialty menu items from restaurants and bars highlighting ingredients such as honey, flowers, sustainable greens, organic items, and more including:
- Barcelona Wine Bar – Your top tapas spot with a plant-enclosed patio, satisfying sangria with elderflower, plus seasonal cocktails like the Summer Street Sling // Chamomile infused Vodka, Grapefruit, Lemon, Grapefruit Bitters, Peychaud’s.
- Big Catch Poke – Fresh veggie and fruit toppings for your poke bowl in sustainable containers that are earth-friendly.
- Black and Brew – Grab a green smoothie or cafe salad for greener options, and enjoy the live plants in the café.
- Bottle Shop – From beers brewed with chamomile flowers, to organic wines that embody the flavors of spring, the experts here will help you find the perfect match to your BYOB or home-cooked meal.
- Cantina Los Caballitos – Find an outdoor seat in the floral patio and Streetery spaces with Mexican options for vegans and meat-lovers alike.
- Ember and Ash – With an emphasis on nose to tail and root to leaf cooking, look for locally foraged ingredients in dishes and drinks at this sustainably focused hot-spot.
- Figs and Olives - Pure cloves flower honey crusted grilled salmon, Organic hibiscus and honey drink (Hot or Cold)
- Flannel – Look for the floral outdoor Streetery and dishes rich with honey and fresh berries. Sip on a “Crackberry Lemonade” with blackberries, honey, lime, lemon, raw sugar. Or the "Heaven Sent" mix which can be added to any tea with honey, ginger, peppers, lemon.
- Fond – Contemporary dining across from the beautifully decorated Singing Fountain, with seasonal cocktails like the “Feelin’ Vaxxed” made with rum, blackberry, lemon, and basil.
- Laurel – Meticulously crafted cuisine including locally foraged ingredients and an admirable attention to detail.
- Le Virtu – Enjoy Abruzzese Italian dishes served in a gorgeous outdoor garden setting.
- Manatawny Still Works – Handcrafted cocktails including local fruits and organic ingredients.
- Noir – Enjoy special Garden Days cocktails like Strawberry Rose Margarita, Sparkling Violet, and Elderflower Spritz.
- Noord – Dutch specialties available in a beautiful outdoor Streetery setup by the Singing Fountain.
- Old World Ice Treats – Handmade sorbettos and refreshing treats made with high quality ingredients.
- POPE (Pub on Passyunk East) - Cocktails to go, including Bees Knees (Gin, sage ginger infused honey, lemon) and Grapefruit Fizz (Vodka, grapefruit, rosemary, lemon, club soda)
- Punk Burger - Mention “Garden Days” for dine in/outdoor/takeout/delivery to score a special $6 price on the Grilled Portobello Garden Days Burger with grilled red onion, tomatoes, fresh spinach, cheddar cheese and chipotle mayo, and on the Salted Caramel Avocado Shake made with regular or dairy free vanilla ice cream, salted caramel and fresh avocados.
- River Twice – Sustainably sourced and locally foraged ingredients in one of the most inventive kitchens around. Find a seat indoors or outdoors and look for the Philadelphia Box Gardens plantings by the Streetery.
- Stogie Joe’s – The South Philly institution serving homemade food at great prices with indoor and outdoor seating including a Streetery with hanging plants.
- Stickman Brews – Limited edition beers including natural ingredients. Look for brews like Blossom Saison Ale, Plant Matter, and other specials.
** Shop for sustainable and floral finds at Avenue retail and service shops with home goods, toys, clothing, special services, etc. including:
- A Novel Idea - Come by for garden and nature-focused book titles
- Amelie's Bark Shop - Look for special flower and plant-shaped treats your furry friend will want to dig into
- Creations By Coppola - Stunning floral arrangements and bouquets sure to lift your spirits
- Deja 42 Gallery - Find artwork showcasing natural elements
- Eastern Pass Tattoo - Floral flash designs and custom body art with an emphasis on nature
- Frame Fatale - Customize and commemorate your habitat-focused artwork
- Good Buy Supply - Sustainable shop dedicated to low waste and plastic-free alternatives that help the environment
- Headhunters Hair Design - Come get your "roots" done, mention Flower Show and get $10.00 off
- Ill Exotics - Propagated plants and captive-bred amphibians and reptiles in an incredible storefront space
- Metro Mens Clothing - Nature inspired prints and fashion for haute habitat looks
- Mia of Philadelphia - Fresh floral fashion for urban and beach environments
- Nice Things Handmade - Arts, jewelry and goods from local artisans with natural elements and inspiration
- Occasionette - Curated gifts including a whole section of eco friendly goods in-store
- Primal Supply Meats - Sustainably-focused butcher and locally sourced grocery goods
- QL Asian Gifts - Houseplants and artwork showcasing nature
- Sermania Jewelry - Custom designs made from 100% recycled, or earth-friendly sourced precious metals
- Styland Beauty - Floral designs for your finger tips
- The Utopia Collective - Natural self-care and home decor in a curated space
- Tildie's Toy Box - Garden toys, plush pollinators, outdoor-focused fun and tons of inspirational items for little naturalists
- Urban Jungle - Experts on plants and supplies for sustainable urban gardens with a custom greenhouse, beautiful space and more
** Along with the official Bloom Philly! window decorating competition, East Passyunk Avenue BID will hold their own voting competition for the best decorated business window and restaurant streetery set ups incorporating flowers and plants. http://bitly.com/GardenDaysDecorating
** East Passyunk Punch Card returns for your chance to receive a punch for each $10 spent at participating businesses. Once you get 10 punches, submit the completed card to one of our independently owned businesses and enter to win a weekly gift card from a raffle drawing on behalf of EPABID. If you prefer not to use a physical card, simply send proof of $100 worth of purchases to email@example.com
** Bonus Raffle Contest - Share confirmation of your PHS Flower Show ticket purchase with EPABID and enter for a weekly raffle drawing for a $25 gift certificate from an Avenue business between May 8th and May 31st. http://bitly.com/GardenDaysRaffle