Shop from EPA merchants and visiting antique vendors with live music and art exhibits
Kick off fall shopping season with three events and one big day in South Philly! East Passyunk Avenue BID welcomes back the Antique and Vintage Flea Market, Sidewalk Sale and Second Saturday. Shop from East Passyunk merchants and visiting flea market vendors, plus enjoy live music, food and other surprises. Make sure to bring a friend - or two!
ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE FLEA MARKET (8:00am to 4:00pm)
Phila Flea Markets returns with 50+ vendors offering antiques, collectibles, vintage furniture, jewelry, clothing and accessories, glassware, pottery, artwork, and much more! This portion of the day is held along the Avenue and in the parking lot between Tasker & Morris. The early bird gets the worm. Set those alarms to arrive in time for the best treasures and deals.
SIDEWALK SALE (11:00am to 4:00pm)
Dozens of EPA shops and salons will be offering discounted accessories, jewelry, clothing, housewares and more at a sidewalk sale along the Avenue stretching from Dickinson down to Broad Street. Check back often for an updated list of participating businesses. Specials and sale announced so far include:
* 4th Quarter Luxury (1828 East Passyunk) - Sidewalk sale with special $1 and $5 items from 12:00pm to 7:00pm
* Amelie’s Bark Shop (1544 East Passyunk) - Outside table of "pawesome" discounted items from 9:00am to 4:00pm For dogs: complimentary "pupkin spice lattes" from 10:00am until gone
* Carolyn Verdi Boutique (1746 East Passyunk) - Sidewalk sale with five-year anniversary specials from 11:00am to 5:00pm
* Frame Fatale (1813 East Passyunk) - Annual dead frame sale kick-off. “Dead” frames are retired display frames, mis-cut, or slightly defective frames and sold for $5, $10, and $20. from 10:30am to 6:00pm
* Innervision Eyewear (1815 East Passyunk) - Philly Eyeworks sample sale— $69 including SV Lenses, sidewalk sale table, special offer coupons, and on-site optometrist available for walk-ins from 10:00am to 5:00pm
* Nicole Rae Styer Boutique (1822 East Passyunk) - Fall sale and sidewalk sale from 12:00pm to 6:00pm
LIVE MUSIC (5:00pm to 7:00pm)
John Train Duo performing at the Singing Fountain (East Passyunk and Tasker Street)
John Train was formed in the mid-1990s, when songwriter/guitarist Jon Houlon met dobro player Mike 'Slo-Mo' Brenner (Marah, Songs:Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co, Low Road, Slo-Mo), and the two began exploring bluegrass and Texas folk material and performing around the Philadelphia area. John Train performs regularly in the Philadelphia area and frequently at Fergie’s Pub on Sansom Street. The band's most recent CD, "A Wig and A Wonder," was released in 2013. John Train has opened for the likes of Dave Alvin, Junior Brown, Joe Ely, Jesse Winchester, John Wesley Harding, Butch Hancock and Robert Earl Keen.
SECOND SATURDAY EVENTS (11:00am to 10:00pm)
* Analog Watch Co. (1737 East Passyunk) - In-store only, 30% off any orders
* Black and Brew (1523 East Passyunk) - Art opening by Alan Bolle and local Philly artists from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
* Headhunters Hair Design (1718 East Passyunk) - $20 blow dry special (usually $30) from 10:00am to 5:00pm
* Occasionette (1825 East Passyunk) - Offering a limited number of famous $5 and $10 "Mystery Bags" of goods & gifts in the shop from 11:00am to 8:00pm
* Racso Gallery (1935 East Passyunk) - Open House with 35% discount on entire art inventory as well as refreshments from 2:00pm to 8:00pm
* Will BYOB (1911 East Passyunk) - Enjoy a special Second Saturday dessert when you order an appetizer and entree during dinner service.
The rain date for the Antique and Vintage Flea Market is Sunday, October 14.